Learn how to make easy corn bread muffins without corn meal.
When I dine at Kenny Rogers, it is a must that I get mini corn bread muffins as a dessert after enjoying a nice meal of roasted chicken. If they don’t have corn muffins, at hand, I go for the next best thing–their cookies and cream ones. But lately, I found out from a friend, that the Kenny Rogers famous muffin contains pork lard. My heart broke into a million tiny pieces. It is quite unfair that almost everything so good can contain something so bad.
This recipe is a result of years and years of finding recipes online that can rival the Kenny Rogers corn bread muffin. And hola, guyyys, I think this is the one! What is great about this recipe is we’re using canned corns, instead of corn meal. Because really, corn meal is as extinct as a dinosaur.
I used a mini muffin pan to make them (but of course you can use a regular cupcake pan) more like the Kenny Rogers muffins. I am so happy with how they turned out! They were so fast to prepare and they were so fast to disappear, as well.
I hope you enjoy these corn bread muffins guys. Always stock up on some canned corns, so you can make these delicious treats at any moment. 🙂
- 1 can of Whole Kernel Corn or Creamed Corn (15oz)
- 1½ cups Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ cup Softened Butter
- ¼ cup Honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Mix only the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- If you're using whole kernel corn, blend it in a blender or food processor.
- Mix only the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Next, combine them all in the same bowl and mix well.
- Line a cupcake pan with liners and fill each cup 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full. They won't rise a whole lot during baking.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.